We want your stories
Do you have a story about the Granite Belt which is revealing, inspiring or just plain awesome?
Are you a local, blogger, Instagrammer or writer who would love to reach The Localist’s growing audience?
The Localist is the Granite Belt’s one-stop information and inspiration hub – and we need fresh, eye-opening content to keep the site a must-visit destination for travellers planning their next trip to the region.
We love stories which will reveal something new about a destination, that will inspire and create conversation, or which just make you want to pack and immediately visit. We understand that travel content is vital at the ‘dreaming’ stage of any pre-journey preparation. And thanks to our close connections with the Granite Belt tourism community and creative content producers, we’re delighted to be part of the story that’s being written every day here in Queensland’s cool high country.
So if you’re a Granite Belt local or have visited the region recently and want to share your story with The Localist audience, here are some points we’d like you to bear in mind.
- Your story should be original, non-advertorial and based on your first-hand experience. It cannot be about your own business or employers business;
- It should be no more than 1,000 words and the copyright must be owned by you;
- We’d love to include photographs too – if you upload images, make sure they’re at least 1400px by 900px, and only upload Jpeg or PNG files under 2MB;
- We’d like to show our readers who you are too so if possible, please supply a headshot image of yourself, at least 400px by 400px;
- Tell us about yourself with a brief bio. If you are a local business owner, you are welcome to include your business name;
- We love all kinds of voices, young and old, first-time visitors and locals with a connection to the region. Just make sure your tone is authentic, inspiring and accurate.
All content will be considered for publication but it will be the editor’s decision whether it is published on The Localist, and that decision is final;
We love it too when you mention local businesses who are featured on The Localist – to find out more about these businesses, please visit www.thelocalist.com.au/granite-belt
Ready to submit a story? We can’t wait to hear from you.